We are a global digital agency comprised of strategists, creatives, media experts, data scientists, and engineers driven by one common purpose — accelerate business growth through marketing and digital transformation. Named a top 3% Google Premier Partner and recognized by Inc. 5000 and Adweek’s 75 Fastest Growing Companies, we’re constantly looking for “A” players to join our team.
The rapid growth is attributed to our strongest asset — our people. Our teams are highly collaborative and work closely with each client to set clear goals and objectives so that we can deliver exceptional results. Mindgruve is a place where every opinion is valued. Not only will you be empowered to contribute ideas, but you will also play a key role in the execution and driving success for brands across a variety of industries. Sound fun? Perfect — you’ll fit right in.
Mindgruve is seeking an experienced IT professional with strong leadership, critical thinking and problem solving skills to join our team as an IT & Systems Manager.
The position will support our growing global organization to ensure our technical infrastructure is meeting operational and security needs, while managing technology tools, network servers and monitoring the performance of our systems.
The role will be the first point of contact for internal IT related tasks, including configuration of new user equipment software & hardware, desktop support, data security, system maintenance, inventory management of assets, and escalation/troubleshooting for staff issues. The position reports to the Engineering Manager and remotely supports all global locations.
- Provide initial support for all IT technology platforms for the entire global organization
- Maintain accurate hardware and software inventory
- Manage help desk tickets from creation to resolution, including detailing troubleshooting steps and escalating issues to higher tier resources when required
- Configure IT equipment for onboarding/offboarding including imaging, configuration, IT orientation and physical set up
- Interact with third party vendors for support and purchases
- Create and manage appropriate device policies and ensure adherence.
- Manage and enhance as needed the networking infrastructure and systems to achieve business goals.
- Identify and implement corporate software that provides the best outcomes.
- Provide IT guidance to other departments as needed to help achieve goals
- Provide and enable a culture of understanding IT security best practices, including but not limited to passwords, social engineering, phishing, cracking, etc.
- Manage IT MSP to ensure rapid response and resolution of corporate technology issues.
- Partner with engineering as needed on company-wide technological implementations.
- Be accountable for any IT-related certification compliance and audits.
- Manage and oversee strategic partnerships with key IT vendors to ensure operational efficiency
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify business requirements, develop service agreements and performance metrics for IT software and services
- Build and maintain strong relationships with other external relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure that the IT services are aligned with the company's strategic objectives and priorities
- Monitor and report on vendor’s delivery of services
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and service improvements through the effective management of the vendors to develop strategies to realize those opportunities
- Manage risks associated with the vendor services, ensuring the company is protected from any potential service disruptions or other issues.
- Monitor IT vendor financial performance, identifying areas for improvement and working with vendors to implement corrective action plans
- Must be flexible and able to work off-hours as required to support deployments, resolve production problems, or respond to corporate emergencies
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Recent and relevant experience supporting Mac-based organizations
- Experience with shell scripting for MacOS and/or Linux
- 8-10 years experience as an IT & Systems Administrator. A previous role and background in Professional Services is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in information systems, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or other related discipline (with relevant work experience)
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple, simultaneous assignments
- At least 3-5 years of experience with help desk and/or customer support desk. Relevant certifications is a plus
- Experience implementing and managing Google Workspace
- Experience managing Google Cloud environments
- Preferred experience in adhering to compliance standards for HIPAA, PCI, SOC-2, ISO 27001 and related.
- Experience with Kandji or similar Apple MDM
- Knowledge of networking concepts, such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN, a plus
- Able to configure a variety of devices, including servers, network equipment, A/V equipment, desktops, laptops, iPhone/Android smartphones and printers, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Windows and MacOS. Linux experience a plus
- Apple Technical certifications a plus
- Must be able to work in the San Diego office on a regular basis.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Able to research and make recommendations for new technologies as needed
- Have the drive and aptitude to take on new projects, learn new skill sets, and expand current knowledge base
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Professional and personal integrity
- A detail-oriented mindset, focused on driving results and analyzing data to gain insights and opportunities for growth
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Additionally, for eligible full-time employees, we offer a competitive benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, and vision insurance; a flexible spending account; voluntary life and accident plans; and a 401(k) retirement plan with matching. We are also committed to providing employees with flexible workplace locations, with the option to work in-office, hybrid, or remotely. However, being a local applicant from the San Diego area is definitely a plus. (Bonus points if you’re bilingual in Spanish and/or Portuguese.)
Mindgruve is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IMPORTANT FRAUD ANNOUNCEMENT: All job openings originate through the Mindgruve Careers Page at www.mindgruve.com. All communications with Mindgruve HR and hiring managers will be associated with the domain “mindgruve.com". Any other links or emails from anyone claiming to be an employee of Mindgruve.us and/or use “Discord” for communications are fraudulent. Please remember that we will never ask a candidate to submit payment for applying, recruitment, training, or new equipment at any part of the interview process.