We are a global digital agency comprised of strategists, creatives, media experts, data scientists, and engineers driven by one common purpose — accelerate business growth through marketing and digital transformation. Named a top 3% Google Premier Partner and recognized by Inc. 5000 and Adweek’s 75 Fastest Growing Companies, we’re constantly looking for “A” players to join our team.
The rapid growth is attributed to our strongest asset — our people. Our teams are highly collaborative and work closely with each client to set clear goals and objectives so that we can deliver exceptional results. Mindgruve is a place where every opinion is valued. Not only will you be empowered to contribute ideas, but you will also play a key role in the execution and driving success for brands across a variety of industries. Sound fun? Perfect — you’ll fit right in.
Mindgruve is seeking a self-motivated, results-driven Data Engineer. Our ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in data modeling, transformation, cleaning, and can confidently combine disparate data from multiple sources to ultimately produce meaningful reports.
What You'll Do Here:
- Empower our clients and analysts with clean and timely data for reporting, predictive analytics, and data visualization.
- Develop and maintain client data in ETL processes and the data warehouse.
- Implement creative solutions to solve problems related to data integrity issues and data transformation using cutting edge technologies.
- Increase your technical expertise in digital marketing, data management, and data analysis.
- Provide general support to all analytics team members facing obstacles related to reporting and data management
- Identification of opportunities for efficiencies in processes (i.e. automation).
- Identification opportunities for better use of client data (i.e. novel analysis techniques, advanced analytics, predictive analytics).
- Create and occasionally present dashboards in BI tools such as Tableau and Looker to effectively communicate performance to clients.
- Create data-driven insights about visitor behavior from website data on traffic patterns, order volume, conversion, navigation behavior, product selections, etc.
- Deliver online and digital reporting to executive management and internal teams as it relates to budget, campaign performance and testing results.
- Follow and stay on top of industry best practices
- Build and maintain an understanding of current topics in Performance Media, web analytics, data management, tools and technologies related to team’s core responsibilities
We Need a Person With:
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in information systems, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or other related discipline (with relevant work experience).
- 1-3 years experience at a digital agency, and/or consulting firm, and/or corporate online marketing department, and/or software provider in an analytical capacity.
- 2+ years experience in marketing analytics utilizing data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Google Data Studio, Looker).
- 2+ years experience working with relational databases and/or data warehouses (i.e. Google Bigquery, AWS redshift, MSSQL).
- 2+ years utilizing data replication tools and/or ETL tools (i.e. Supermetrics, Fivetran, SSIS, Airflow, Informatica).
- 1-3 years experience utilizing object oriented programming to transform data and perform data analysis (i.e. Python, R).
- Exposure to Big Data and the challenges associated with harnessing data to drive insight
- Excellent problem solving skills when it comes to troubleshooting data discrepancies to support team members in determining the most likely causes of errors or inconsistencies
- Experience in web analytics using Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, or similar
- Knowledge of online ad serving platforms, such as Campaign Manager 360 or Sizmek, and online ad networks, such as Google, Bing, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Professional and personal integrity
- A detail-oriented mindset, focused on driving results and analyzing data to gain insights and opportunities for growth
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Additionally, for eligible full-time employees, we offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a flexible spending account; voluntary life and accident plans; and a 401(k) retirement plan with matching. We are also committed to providing employees with flexible workplace locations, with the option to work in-office, hybrid, or remotely. However, being a local applicant from the San Diego area is definitely a plus. (Bonus points if you’re bilingual in Spanish and/or Portuguese.)
Mindgruve is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.