A Production Designer at Mindgruve is a traditionally trained graphic designer comfortable with modern cloud-based workflows. They can identify and extend design systems. They are layout-typography-color-theory gurus and masters of getting-things-done. They believe in the power of collaboration and relish the process of solving problems creatively. A Production Designer at Mindgruve catches inconsistencies others miss. This position reports directly to design directors and the creative director.
Mindgruve is a digital agency of 100+ talented individuals working together to create world-class websites and online commerce for some of the biggest global brands and we’re looking for the next addition to our creative team.
What you’ll do here:
- Create final files for both traditional and digital executions, following brand and style guidelines
- Design display and social ads
- Design and produce emails
- Maintain design systems created in Adobe XD:
- Asset design team in creating complex components, font styles and color palettes
- Ensure logical names are applied to components and assets.
- Correct spacing errors and other inconsistencies that arise in large files.
- Create supplementary designs, including formatting existing content
- Build print prototypes
- Prepare files for print; press checks
- Create CMYK proofs
- Photo retouching
- Color correction
- Run spellcheck
- Ensure consistency across integrated marketing efforts
- Upload and archive files as needed
- Manage and track brand assets and approvals when requested
We need a person with:
- 2+ years working in a design production capacity in an agency or similar environment. Experience working remote is a big plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Zeplin. Experience with Figma’s a plus (we’ll transition someday).
- Strong experience with print and pre-production methods (e.g., die cut, embossing, gloss, foil, etc.)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, including external and internal file management
- Must be able to work efficiently on multiple projects to meet tight deadlines
- Degree in design, graphic design or related field preferred
Compensation commensurate with experience. We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, voluntary life & accident plans and 401K with matching. Mindgruve is committed to providing employees with flexible workplace locations; however, being a local applicant from the San Diego area is a plus! Mindgruve is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
No headhunters, contractors, freelancers, overseas agents or professional job-hoppers will be considered. This is an in-house position. To be considered for this job, qualified candidates must apply via LinkedIn, or submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Mindgruve [email protected] and include “Production Designer” as the subject.