HR / Recruiting Coordinator.
Mindgruve is seeking a full-time HR & Recruiting Coordinator who will support our Director of HR in our San Diego office with the daily functions of human resources and talent acquisition. Our ideal candidate enjoys working in a team environment, is highly detail-oriented, has a passion for employee engagement and is motivated by working in a fast-growing organization. The HR & Recruiting Coordinator is responsible for supporting a variety of responsibilities from recruiting, onboarding, and employee events, to payroll, benefits and compliance. The position is a hybrid role, based in downtown San Diego, CA and requires 2 or more in-office days per week.
Mindgruve is a digital agency of 100+ talented individuals working together to create world-class websites and online commerce for some of the biggest global brands and we’re looking for the next addition to our HR team. Mindgruve has been named on the Inc 5,000 Fastest Growing Private Companies list for five years, and was chosen by San Diego Business Journal as one of the Top Ten Fastest Growing Private Companies in San Diego for 2022!
What you will do here:
- Assist hiring managers with drafting or updating job descriptions, posting new jobs on our Careers page, and creating screening questions
- Coordinate the interview process (either virtual or in-person) and participate in the candidate experience to ensure applicants have a pleasant experience
- Work closely with the Director of HR to implement a new applicant tracking system, then coordinate hiring manager training and user adoption
- Oversee the ATS integration with LinkedIn and other job boards to ensure new system functions optimally
- Track open job milestones and maintain reports to monitor the recruiting process, providing weekly updates to the Director of HR
- Support internship program and participate in networking, career events, and developing relationships with local schools’ career centers as applicable
- Develop sources for attracting both active and passive candidates through job boards, databases, online forums, social media, referrals, etc.
- Screen candidates by reviewing resumes and job applications, and performing phone screens to further assess their eligibility for one or more of the currently open positions, as desired
- Solicit feedback once second interviews are completed by hiring managers and move forward as needed by determining the candidates selected, informing candidates of their status if rejected, and moving to the next phase in the process to inform Director of HR of final candidates
- Solve complex HR-related issues, working proactively and independently in a hybrid environment
- Maintain and provide all records and reports associated with the role in a timely and accurate manner
- May assist in the creation of company policies, procedures and training
- Oversee onboarding process for new hires, including background screening, electronic onboarding, Form I-9, new hire training, etc.
- Assist with management of HRIS system to ensure records are accurate and up to date
- Back-up Operations Manager with support of office activities and special projects
- Coordinate and participate in all employee engagement opportunities, including in-office and virtual.
- Act as a champion for the Mindgruve culture and foster collaboration and enthusiasm for our high performing team
- Prepare personnel changes as requested by Director of HR and works closely with the accounting and payroll department to ensure changes are processed
- Assist with open enrollment and other benefits related programs as needed
- Prepares termination packets as applicable and assists with COBRA administration
- Manages special projects as assigned
We need a person with:
- 3+ years of human resources experience
- 2+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field preferred
- Ability to manage a wide range of relationships with high level of service and empathy
- Proactive and self-starter mindset with appetite for research and problem solving
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated effective and clear communication (both verbal and written) skills, and good listener
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks, and work in a time-sensitive environment
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, etc)
- A servant-leader approach and exhibit excellence, integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
Compensation commensurate with experience. We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, voluntary life & accident plans and 401K with matching. This is an in-house hybrid position, requiring 2 or more in-office days per week. Mindgruve is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
No headhunters, contractors, freelancers, overseas agents or professional job-hoppers will be considered. To be considered for this job, qualified candidates must apply via LinkedIn, or submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Mindgruve [email protected] and include “HR & Recruiting Coordinator” as the subject.