Essential Job Functions:
- Work with members of the account management, design and development teams to develop and maintain custom client websites and large-scale applications.
- Work with members of the account management, project management, creative, and development teams on maintenance scoping and development for existing clients.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug applications.
- Collaborate with the UI team on implementation and development.
- Timely deliver expected projects and tasks on time and within budgeted hours.
- Provide documentation from completed projects and tasks.
- Adhere to development standards and best practices.
- Adapt technical skills to facilitate department and company goals.
- Serve in a tech support capacity for Mindgruve by being a general repository of technical information and know-how at the disposal of the agency.
- Manage productivity, time and tasks in Mindgruve’s management system Workamajig. This includes, but is not limited to, accurately tracking all work in real-time, submitting accurate time sheets on a weekly basis and managing assigned tasks with the system.
We need a person with:
Excellent organizational, analytical, and planning skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to deal with deadline pressures and multiple projects and changing priorities; knowledgeable in object oriented programming, SQL and the MVC architecture; comfortable and adept at self-management.
- Expert in PHP and MySQL and the ability to seamlessly apply them to web development projects
- Comfortable with Linux command line and managing Apache
- Experience with popular CMSs (WordPress, Drupal)
- MVC understanding (frameworks such as Symfony a big plus)
- Working knowledge version control systems (Git, SVN)
- Template engine experience: Twig
- Adobe Photoshop experience
- CSS grids & frameworks experience: Bootstrap
- Email development and marketing automation platform development experience
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility
- Familiarity with Composer, Vagrant, RESTful APIs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional multitasking skills in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Good eye for aesthetics and attention to detail
- Ability to follow technical specifications and production processes
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Experience with build tools such as Webpack, etc.
- Experience with JS frameworks/APIs: jQuery, React, WebGL, AJAX, etc.
- Experience with package managers: NPM
- NoSQL databases (Elasticsearc, MongoDB)
- Additional languages/runtimes/frameworks (Node.js, Python, .NET, Silex)
- IaaS (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Acquia)
- Web application security
- Automated testing (PHPUnit, Behat)
- Native Mobile App Development
- CMS theme development experience: WordPress, Drupal
- Asset optimization experience
- Accessibility and technical SEO experience
- Agency Experience
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Minimum of two to five years of development experience
Compensation commensurate with experience. We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA and 401K with matching program. This is an in-house position. No headhunters, contractors, freelancers, overseas agents or professional job-hoppers will be considered.