Copywriter, Creative Director.
Mindgruve is seeking a talented and motivated Writer, Creative Director. The ideal candidate is a skilled writer with a natural eye for design. A prolific generator of dynamic ideas, scripts, headlines, and strategic tactics that connect with audiences of all types. A leader who inspires others while taking our creative output to a new level. This creative problem solver will have significant experience at a major ad or digital agency.
Mindgruve is a digital agency of 100+ talented individuals working together to create world-class websites and online commerce for some of the biggest global brands and we’re looking for the next addition to our creative team.
What you’ll do here:
- Lead a diverse team of copywriters, designers, social media specialists, and photographers/videographers to develop and translate strategic messaging into compelling experiences for sophisticated audiences.
- Help develop focused creative briefs that ensure client-agency alignment while providing a solid foundation for creative work.
- Craft campaign concepts, headlines, taglines, video & radio scripts, and more.
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with the creative team while thinking strategically to develop innovative and actionable initiatives.
- Collaborate with account and strategy teams to develop marketing plans, analyze results, and identify opportunities.
- Prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs, and develop schedules by collaborating with designers, copywriters, and production artists.
- Ensure deliverables address marketing goals and challenges effectively.
- Lead client presentations and obtain approvals.
We need a person with:
- 8+ years of relevant experience as a creative director in an agency or corporate setting
- Experience in creating marketing/advertising campaigns — from developing the vision and messaging platform to overseeing production on time and within budget
- Experience in creating integrated content across all marketing channels: digital, social media, paid media, mobile, offline, out-of-home, and print
- Proficiency in leading a team of diverse, talented creatives
- Strong creative vision with an eye on business objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, communications, journalism, or other relevant fields.
Compensation commensurate with experience. We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, voluntary life & accident plans and 401K with matching. Mindgruve is committed to providing employees with flexible workplace locations; however, being a local applicant from the San Diego area is a plus! Mindgruve is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
No headhunters, contractors, freelancers, overseas agents or professional job-hoppers will be considered. This is an in-house position. To be considered for this job, qualified candidates must apply via LinkedIn, or submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Mindgruve [email protected] and include “Writer, Creative Director” as the subject.