We’re seeking a results-driven SEO Specialist who has a successful track record for implementing SEO best practices and strategies for a variety of industries, including but not limited to e-commerce, healthcare, tourism and news media. The ideal candidate will have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work closely with cross functional teams to meet client needs. This position would be ideal for someone with 2+ years of Search Engine Optimization experience.
Success metrics will be based on growth in overall qualified organic traffic for client sites and in some instances on ranking of specific keyword phrases. Client ROI will also be considered as a performance indicator.
We need a person with:
- BA/BS in business, marketing, communications or other related subject
- 2+ years direct working experience as a Search Engine Optimization professional
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics, Google & Bing Webmaster Tools, Moz, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Keyword Research tools
- Fluency in SEO core elements including, but not limited to: Keyword Research, Technical SEO (UX, site architecture, URL structure, XML sitemaps, canonical tags, dynamic/static pages, etc.), On-Page Optimization (Metadata, Headings, Content, Anchor Links, Navigation, etc.), Local Search and Off-Page Optimization (social media, outreach, earned media placements, etc.)
- Understanding of basic HTML, CSS and code structure as it relates to SEO
- Experience with link building, outreach and proper usage while representing the brand in the best possible light
- Working knowledge of the latest web technologies, social tools and methods for effectively leveraging them to improve brand visibility
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once in a high pressure environment while still meeting deadlines
- Proficiency in Apple iWorks package, Microsoft Excel and Word
What you’ll do here:
- Develop strong SEO strategies for clients based on their specific needs
- Reporting and analysis of current and historical SEO campaigns
- Perform client specific keyword research and competitive analysis
- Perform technical SEO Audits of client websites
- Identify, recommend and implement on-page website Search Engine Optimization
- Perform back-link analysis, opportunity identification, solicitation and optimization
- Determine, measure and track key SEO metrics that will be included in clients monthly analytics report
- Work with account managers to build SEO roadmap and properly execute against it
- Work with development team to implement SEO changes that will improve the ranking and overall performance of the site
- Support account management team and sales team by providing estimates of work for new business proposals
- Write and present SEO presentations, assessments and reports for internal teams and clients
- Collaborate and execute client content strategies
Compensation commensurate with experience. This is an in-house position. No headhunters, contractors, freelancers, overseas agents, or professional job hoppers will be considered.
To be considered for this job, qualified candidates MUST submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com with “SEO Specialist” in the subject line.