A Sr. Copywriter at Mindgruve has damn near mastered the art of copywriting. He or she can craft provocative messaging in multiple styles for various channels blindfolded. He or she is also pretty friggin’ good at conceptualizing ideas that are fresh, strategic and on-brand. As importantly, he or she loves the idea of good ol’ fashioned collaboration.
You’ll work out of our San Diego office, reporting to the creative director.
What you’ll do
- Write your face off. Projects range from branding to integrated advertising to websites to press releases to blog posts to conference speeches and beyond.
- Conceptualize ideas, ideas and if there’s time, ideas.
- Collaborate with writers, designers and developers.
- Present work to senior members internally and occasionally clients.
- Manage the quality of copywriting deliverables, ensuring they meet Mindgruve standards and client expectations.
- Work with project managers to ensure deadlines are met.
What we’re looking for
- 5-8 years of copywriting experience in an agency or similar environment
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent professional work experience
- Comfortable writing in various styles for multiple channels based on brand guidelines and strategy
- Passionate about advertising
- Ability to multitask
- Easy going, take criticism in stride
- Familiarity with design practices
- Interest in learning to nurture junior talent
Compensation commensurate with experience. This is an in-house position. NO headhunters, contractors, freelancers, overseas agents, or professional job hoppers will be considered.
Qualified candidates MUST email a cover letter, resume and writing samples to email@example.com with “Senior Copywriter” in the subject line.